Friday, August 29, 2008

Huzzah!

Last night I took Indigo out of the bitter barn and hit the tink. (After seeing this, I really had no excuse.)
Indigo Ripples Skirt Tink
GAH!

Aaaaaaand here we were about an hour and a half later!
Indigo Ripples Skirt De-Tink

Take that bitch! Oh wait, we don't want to anger it. I mean, thank you sweet skirt for letting me fix you. You're the best.

Much of that time was spent: a) figuring out what the hell I was doing; b) counting and recounting and recounting to make sure I was putting the increases back on the right rows because I'm an idiot and took the markers out and forgot to put them back in; c) tightening and/or loosening strands; d) cursing and re-doing it three effing times because I put an increase in the wrong row in the first round and missed a stitch in the second.

I think it took me longer to drop down and correct than it would have been to frog and re-knit - but I was much less bitter about it! The stitches are a little loose and wonky in that section, but I'll cross my fingers that'll resolve itself in the first wash cycle.

So, finally, onward we go, whoo hoo! Man, I hope this marks the end of her drama queen stage! I'm not sure I can deal with any more of her...issues.

15 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

You're amazing! Yes, you could have ripped back, but why rip out a whole bunch of perfectly good knitting? Can't wait to see the finished skirt!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Don't you feel like such a knitting rock star for fixing it like that? Very impressive!!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you for fixing it! (and not chucking the whole thing...)

7:07 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Rock on!! Great fix/save there! Yeah, sometimes it takes longer, but sometimes your sanity is worth it. Can't wait for modeled shots..you are gonna model it aren't ya!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Told you that you could do it. :)

8:05 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Ok, I am marveling at your knitfix acumen, woman!!

4:38 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yeah, girl! You show that shirt who's boss!

It'll all work out in the wash, trust me. I've done this enough before to know.

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever tried something like that - I am very impressed.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That first picture is just scary! Good for you in fixing it, and not frogging it - very impressive!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Ugh, I think you and TG just want to give me gray hair. I just don't have the huevos to do this!!! But I guess what's the worse that happens if that method doesn't work? You frog and reknit--not so bad. Hmmm...

7:43 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Good for you! In the end, it wasn't so bad was it?

6:38 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Awesome!! Hope the relationship goes better from here on out !! :)

2:26 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Are you sure that's right? It looks a little off-center to me. I think you need to do it over again.


(heh heh. did you even believe me for a second?)

7:28 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Thanks for the congratulations! We're really excited...

Nice job showing the skirt who's boss.

11:25 AM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

you know she's got super powers? right? I mean great job! whoot! whoot!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home