Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Refreshing Marigold

Ms. Marifresh
A worthy sequel!

Yup, I did it again! MM:II retains the essence of the first Ms. Marigold, but with a few minor changes to freshen it up a bit. And unlike
some sequels, this one turned out as good as the original!
Ms. Marifresh 2
No nukin' the fridge here!

Raising the bar. Er, neck.
Much as I dig the sexy, ultra-low, lookit-my-boobs V-neck of the first one, I wanted to raise the neck this time around so the top could be worn on its own. (Because really, a girl can only own so many white camis and doing laundry sucks.)

Since the pattern is top-down and ridiculously easy to mod, this was a very simple task. I just:

- Added 5 extra stitches to the left and right fronts in Part D (kfb on the neck side in Row 2 for the last 5 repeats).
- Skipped Part E.
- Started with Row 2 of Part F.
Ms. Marifresh 3
Let's see, am I really that boring? Um, yes.

Like the last time, I also added in some waist shaping, but did a few more sets and started them higher. Oh, and I made the bod a tiny bit longer. And
that's really all that's new this time! You can snag all the deets on the other mods and stuff from the first one. I even used the same yarn. Damn, I'm boring.

Soooo, hmmm. Maybe I should spice this FO post up with some different poses...

Here we have the Cheesy Model Shot:
Ms. Marifresh Cheesy Model

The WTF Do I Do With My Hands Shot:
Ms. Marifresh Whattodowithmyhands

The Playtex Cross Your Heart Bra Shot:
Ms. Marifresh Crossyourheartbra

And last but not least, the Action Shot!
Ms. Marifresh Action
And now I need a nap, because all that jumping around wore me out.
Refreshing Marigold
Pattern: Ms. Marigold from Zephyr Style
Yarn: Rowan Calmer, 3 balls in Refresh
Needle: Addi Turbo size 6, 24" + 8,24"
Mods: Raised the neckline, added more waist shaping, skipped the ruffles, did ribbing on the armholes.

14 Comments:

Blogger Trillian42 said...

SUPER cute! That looks totally fab on you!

2:45 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

AWESOME re-interpretation of the pattern. It looks fantastic on you! (My favorite is the action shot. hee!)

3:36 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Cross Your Heart bra shot - I love that!

Great job on the sweater. It looks fab on you.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

What? No coffee shot? Now if you're not going to show your head, you have to have at least one cheesey prop ;-)

I dig it and the first thing I noticed was the fact I DIDN'T notice your boobies first. I like that mod!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Heh! Love it! Great way to modify it to just the way you want it, a perfect fit! :)

6:59 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

WANT

7:46 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Unlike Bezzie, I did notice your boobies first...

That sweater is adorable!!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Sexy weez! You totally have a future as a Playtex bra model, if you want it.

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute - it looks great on you - good job!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

It looks great! I love the color. :)

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks beautiful ! amazing color!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Very cute! Love the color! And you totally didn't nuke the fridge here.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! A sweater in calmer?!?!?! That's just divine!!!

10:35 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love love love the photo shoot! Ms Marigold turned out just fabulously!! Love the blue :)

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home