Saturday, June 07, 2008

Change the channel

My week of channeling Monica Geller is done! And lemme tell ya, she ain't got nuthin on me. I was scaling furniture, climbing ladders, dusting, cleaning, scrubbing...

Huh. Maybe it was
Cinderella I was channeling.

At any rate, every muscle in my body aches and my hands are a complete wreck, but it was worth it because the house is back in order! In fact, it's in better order. I took the opportunity to reorganize everything and tossed a bunch of crap we haven't used in over two years (many utterances of "WTF is that?" and "Ooooh, so that's where that was" and "Hey, I didn't know we had that" while cleaning out cabinets and closets). Naturally, half of what I threw out I'm sure I'll need in the next month. Happens every time.

But eh, enough about my-house-will-never-be-this-clean-again ramblings. Now I can finally relax and catch up on everything that's been going on this week, my life has been a vacuum for the last five days! (BAHAHAHAHAHA! Nothing like a crappy pun to start off the weekend!)

First, I must post a pic of those fabulous
blog prize socks stariel (now a published sock designer!) made for me!
Socks from Stariel
Squeeee! STR socks handmade for meeee!


Aren't they beautimus? And they're a perfect fit! Thanks again stariel, I love them!

I also need to post the write-up for my first crochet FO! Won't be able to get to that today, though. The ILs are coming over later to play with the Wii (can't wait to see them rocking out to Guitar Hero! even if I am cursing Nintendo for the current effing Wii Fit shortage) and take us out to dinner for my birthday (which actually isn't until Father's Day, but they have a wedding to attend next weekend). But I'll try to get it up (hee hee *dirty mind*) early next week. And maybe tomorrow, after my hands have a little more time to recover, I can actually cast something on and knit for the first time in two weeks! Then life will truly be back to normal. Ahhh.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the house cleaning! You must have a great weight off your shoulders.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see the socks are enjoying a newly-clean house, or you're enjoying the socks in a newly-clean house... whatever. ;)

I should get just a little touch of your cleaning craze in my own house...

7:14 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

The socks are adorable and enhanced by the shine coming off those off those super clean floors.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love yer socks! Gosh, I bet you're happy to be done! :) Happy Early Birthday!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Cpurl took the words outta my mouth--that shiny floor brings the socky goodness home.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ugh, I am going to be in that stage of cleaning exhaustion in about two weeks. I still shudder to think what we're going to do with all the empty boxes and newspaper once we're done unpacking.

Those are some fabulous socks! I'm sure it must be nice to scoot around a clean house in them!

4:40 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Hmmm...I'm just sitting here trying to figure out how much STR it would take to convince you to channel Cinderella here at Chateau Irishgirlie....cause we are in desperate need :)

Yay for clean house! And yay for absolutely gorgeous STR socks :) Stariel did a fabulous job!!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

They are indeed beautimus.

yeah for a clean house!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty socks! Congrats on getting all the cleaning done - I need to do the same thing...but I'm putting it off..

5:18 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I'm Kris with Sonny & Shear and I hope I've found the right person. I am trying to reach one of our customers but I don't believe that my emails are getting through and there is no answer on their phone. If you are the person who emailed me today about your newsletter... please email me again and give me a phone number and time where I can call you. I want to get this resolved for you.

Tracked down this blog via a search for Weezalana on Ravelry. It was just a "shot in the dark" but I hope I have the right person. If not, sorry about the bother...but I'll be bothering you on Ravelry too. :-)

Kris with Sonny & Shear

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home