Monday, April 21, 2008

Ah! I'm blind!

When Hill Country Yarns calls a colorway Hot Fuschia, they really, really mean it.
HCIG Hot Fuschia
Get this - it's an even
brighter pink than the picture. We're talking neon-80s-justify-my-love pink.

Now, I love me some bright, but this practically glows in the dark. That's a bit much, even for me! Normally I'd swap it, but I've been thinking about overdyeing it instead.

I'll test little bits before dunking the whole thing, but any advice on what colors I can make? Would red tone it down? Green would make it brown, right? As long as I don't get Barney purple, I'm open to suggestions!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jacey said...

Wow-seriously pink. I'm not sure how to tackle this, but I agree that red would deepen the tone.
Or you could just own it and make an 80's tribute. ;)

4:30 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Can you hear it hum?

Yeah it's yarn dyed in Texas. Everything's bigger in Texas--apparently their idea of pink too!

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - that is pink! No advice on the dyeing, but looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

I know nothing about dye, so I can't help you out. That pink is seriously pink, though. If you haven't played with the Hill Country Yarns yarn before, you're in for a treat; I've loved just about everything of theirs I've used. Enjoy it while wearing sunglasses.

7:05 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

That is definately pink! I know nothing about dyeing..but that hot pink would look awesome with black. Very punk! Keep us posted!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Your post needs a sunglasses warning! I can only imagine how blinding that is in real life, if it is brighter.

I think red dye would definitely tone it down, assuming you want to stay in the same color range. You could also use blue, if you're okay with a purple yarn.

4:53 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

I think a red pour overdye would kick some serious ass on your radioactive genitalia pink. Do you know how to do that? Email me if not.

7:46 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I have no dying tips but there's some little girl somewhere who would love something knit out this!!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Eryn said...

That needed a sunglasses warning! chemgrrl's idea of a red pour overdye is perfect. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home