Friday, March 07, 2008

Boy logic

From a conversation last week, which took place upon hearing Hubster operate the dryer, knowing full well he's still on laundry probation after putting an entire load of my delicates through on high (a moment of silence please for the many articles of clothing that gave their lives in that senseless tragedy):

weez: (sounding alarmed) Did you put clothes in the dryer?

Hubster: Yes (sounding guilty). But I didn't change any settings!

weez: Actually, the last load was delicates, and this one is mostly jeans, so you can change it to "Regular."


Hubster: (clicking knob) Okay.


weez: Did you put in a dryer sheet?


Hubster: Yes, I put in two.


weez: (sounding perplexed) Two? Why two?


Hubster: So it would dry them faster.


weez: (open hands, insert head)



Reminds me of the time he thought that giant plate of nachos loaded up with cheese, sour cream, and guacamole at Baja Fresh was healthy because the restaurant had "fresh" in the name.

Boys.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha... sounds scarily familiar. My husband is still on laundry probation after putting a load of whites in the dryer and forgetting to turn it on. Three days later, they were still there, still damp, starting to smell bad. Had to be rewashed. sigh....

9:43 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

As much as I sometimes hate doing laundry, I'll always suck it up and do it, even if my husband volunteers. The reason? He has no freakin' clue how to do laundry. Would you believe that up until I moved in with him, he never used laundry detergent? He just washed his clothes in plain water! (It's no wonder he was so excited about how fresh his clothes smelled once I took over laundry duties..)

9:44 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Oh man. We need to get together sometime for martinis and story swapping. Oy.

9:52 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

be relieved that he didn't dump in the entire box b/c he "was in a hurry"

but yeah i'm with you. when spicy and i live together i'm in charge of laundry. i've already told him that and he's fine with it.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

See! This is why I am a control freak about laundry. He complains that I bitch about laundry and never make him help but if I did we'd all be wearing skin tight pink t-shirts and capris!

(Although I'm guilty of putting my "delicates" thru the high-dryer all the time! ;-) )

11:39 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

That gave me a good, sympathetic laugh. Good to know my hubs isn't the only man banned from doing laundry. I nearly passed out when he told me had done laundry last week while I was away on a business trip. "What?!?!" "Oh, it's okay--I only washed my clothes. I know not to touch yours." So they are trainable.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hehe..the same reason "I" do the laundry. My hospital whites turned pink...we are talking like 5 pants/shirts..sigh..

The only revenge that time was..hehe his pink briefs!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

LOL! Boys are funny....roommates are like that too.....especially when you have handknits in the washer. Thank God for superwash.

2:50 PM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

oh my! LOL ;)

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least he's doing laundry! My husband used to be like that but now he does more laundry than I do - but I've also learned that to hold my delicates off and do them myself!

3:34 AM  
Blogger Eryn said...

Aiii! I think they do that sort of thing on purpose...

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home