Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I live!

Thank you all for the healthy vibes and wishes! Holy crap, that sucker took me down for a week! But finally, today, I woke up feeling human again. Just some lingering fatigue, minor congestion, and oh man, you should hear my voice! It is aaaaall kinds of hoarse.

I wish I could say it makes me sound like this:
Voice1

But it really just makes me sound like this:
Voice2

Dammit.


I did manage to knit up some kitchen towels and Swiffer covers during sabbatical to Nyquilia, pics and write-ups will be coming soon. Oh, and I also received this grand prize for taking part in SAMKAL4!
SAMKAL4 Prize

Isn't it fab? It included:
- A gorgeous, monster skein of Schaefer Anne (560 yards!!)
- A skein of Crystal Palace Panda Cotton in Red Cinnamon
- The ISO Socks pattern from The Garter Belt
- A row counter bracelet
- And some stitch markers

All just for taking part in SAMKAL4! (FYI, our lovely Zonda is hosting Round 5.)

Unfortunately, the Schaefer Anne has mohair, so I'm going to have to swap it. The fuzzy stuff makes me itch something awful. Even taking pics of it has put me in a fair amount of discomfort. :(

I'm having fun pondering ideas for that lovely Panda Cotton, though! Even anklets might be a bit of a squeeze with just one skein, so maybe a Calorimetry? Or Dream Swatch? Or a lacy hat? Any ideas?

7 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! No great ideas for the Panda--if I recall correclty, it's stretchy so might make a cute headband!

6:38 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yay for feeling better!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I'm sure the voice thing will improve soon.

What a great prize pack! The Anne is beautiful, but like you, I can't do any mohair. I always feel like I'm missing out on something wonderful because of how everyone raves about Anne.

Could you see if you can find a matching skein of the Panda Cotton so you can make some real socks?

4:41 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Yeah, there's no way you're getting even anklets out of one skien. I tried. No good. I do have some leftovers of blueberries & grapes? Or something like that, that you can have for heels and toes if you want.

Yay for feeling better! Whenever I'm hoarse, my mom tells me I sound like Brenda Vaccaro. Remember her? She did tampon ads in the seventies. Yeah. Anyway, maybe you could pick up some extra bucks doing phone sex. Yarn money!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Kaye said...

Glad you're feeling better.

Hmm..I like the lacy hat idea. That would be really cute. But I also like to let the yarn stew to wait for the pattern to come to me.

6:20 AM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I'm glad your'e feeling better!

That's a great prize! Dang, I'm jealous! :)

11:38 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Glad you are better! :)

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home