Monday, January 14, 2008

Fate heeds the fickle

After doing some contemplating, some pondering, and... some... uh... other inging, I decided the bulky just won't get the wear it deserves. A couple of you suggested using it as a winter or interim coat, which would be great! Except I don't get to wear the winter and interim coats I already have as often as I'd like. Yeah, yeah, boo effing hoo, I know. Anyway, I still plan to knit Starsky, but in worsted weight instead.

So I've thrown the cone up on knitty, Rav, and into my Flickr Destash album, along with a few other items. Hopefully they'll all find happier homes!
Mission Falls 1824 Wool in Raspberry Cotton Fleece in Oriental Jade Debbie Bliss Merino Chunky CONE of Grey


Speaking of happier homes, the River Rapids socks have found one with chemgrrl! She was kind enough to save them from the frog pond and is providing them with fit bliss. I love happy endings! :)

And now, on a more serious note - I have nothing on the needles. Nuh-thing.
Over the past three days, I've tried casting on two different pairs of socks in two different yarns and a scarf. All tanked. All frogged. All fug. Nothing in my queue or my stash is exciting me. I think I may have... have... *sob* ... lost my mojo.

Actually, I suspect the winter holidaybirthdaygiftknityourbrainsoutapalooza may have killed it. Or maybe it's the weather. Or fatigue.
Or it's just lost, somewhere under the couch with what I'm sure is a bevy of random stitch markers and the occasional Chibi needle or two.

Whatever it is, it's rather alarming, don't you think? Not having a single active wip going? Hmmm. Maybe I should go hit the lys...

8 Comments:

Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

oh. my. gosh! I did not know that happened to knitters! It's all I can do not to cast on for 10 more projects RIGHT NOW. Feel yourself do you have a fever? Look in the mirror? do you see a rash or lumps and bumps where there shouldn't be any?

4:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yes, nothing on the needles is definitely disturbing. I prescribe a strong dose of Ravelry. I can't spend any amount of time on there without finding something I want to cast on for like RIGHT NOW. I'm sure your mojo will come back to you.

Or maybe this is a sign you should pick up another fiber craft?

5:35 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

If I weren't desperately trying to finish a hat right now, I'd been in a major knitting lull myself!

7:01 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Yeah, go do some Ravelry surfing. It worked for me. Personally, I think you should knit Raspy. (I peeped at your queue, I'm so sneaky!) It looks like a nice easy sweater. Plus, I want to make it but I don't have the yarn, so I can live (knit?) vicariously through you. :)

6:45 AM  
Blogger Kaye said...

Nah, I've only got two things going right now...it feels kind of good!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

No worries.....happens quite often. Just take a moment to relax. Don't worry, it'll come back....with a vengeance.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree - Ravelry. Everytime I start looking, I end up either buying yarn or casting on. Hope you find something fun soon!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Alarming, yes! I can't really wrap my mind around that situation. Here's hoping it is just fatigue. I feel certain there's no loss of mojo...

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home