Monday, December 10, 2007

Shoulda knocked on wood

So, remember how I was all kinds of excited that my holiday knitting was finished? Done? Fini? Well, we were having dinner with the ILs on Saturday and during the course of the conversation, FIL asked for a beret. And of course, if I knit something for him, I have to knit something for MIL and SIL. *sigh* So close.

I think I'm going to squeeze out a couple of quickies for me first, though, just to ease myself back into the gift knitting groove. A hat and a neckwarmer (out of my very first Manos, whee!). I was able to pick up the yarn for both projects for free this weekend, thanks to a year-old gift card in my purse that I'd completely forgotten about (dontcha love it when that happens?)!

Here's the Manos, which I immediately pounced on (literally, like a cat on crack) the second I walked in the door. Isn't it purty? They only had the one, so I'm thinking this'll become a My-so-called Neckwarmer.
Manos
If I say please, will you promise not to scratch on me?

And here's the LL I picked up for the hat. It's so bright and happy! I need bright and happy.
LLSW
If I say please, will you promise to stop torturing me with indecision?

The hat would be done already, but my feeble, fickle mind keeps forcing it through various stages of tink/frog. Ever been paralyzed with indecision? Yup, I'm there. I just need to kick my own ass, settle on a pattern and finish it. I can do that. I'm bendy...

5 Comments:

Blogger chemgrrl said...

MORE Christmas knitting? Ack! Just say no! Do you have to ship these as well?

Pretty yarn. Mucho pretty.

2:00 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

YO I have that same LL color way, so cheery!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Pretty, pretty yarn. Glad to see it's a fairly heavy weight (meaning faster knits). If you'd picked up fingering weight I'd really start to worry about your sanity.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Pretty colors! Get going you! ;)

6:42 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

The Manos is gorgeous! Sorry you have more Xmas knitting - hope you get it done soon!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home