Tuesday, November 13, 2007

*Snore*

After starting out last week feeling under the weather, I'd pretty much recovered by Friday. So, what did I do on Saturday? Six straight hours of hard labor on our blight-of-the-neighborhood front and back yards. Weed whackering, removing wasted away plants, digging up unidentifiable gigantoriffic alien weeds from hell, trimming back overgrown trees, removing half-dead ivy (when the ivy becomes more of an eyesore than the butt-ugly fence it's covering, it's time for it to go), and so on.

By the time I was done, I was totally wrecked from the neck down (even my ass was sore, still trying to figure that one out). I could barely move, let alone knit! So I spent Saturday and Sunday night flopped on the couch anesthetized with Advil and beer. But, at least that gave Hubster and I a chance to catch up on our Tivo'd backlog of Grey's Anatomy (which I'm starting to lose interest in) and Private Practice (which I'm really digging)!

Needless to say, not much to show on the wip front. Right now, all I really have going is a pair of socks for my dad (which I've naturally dubbed Pop Socks). Kind of a snoozer, just plain ol' 2x2 rib. The colorway is so freakin' dark, nothing else would show up.
Pop Socks (wip)
2x2 ri....zzzzz.......

I wound the yarn for my Mom's scarf, but won't cast on until this weekend, when the socks will hopefully be done.
(For Christmas knitting, I've found it helps to focus on one wip at a time, they seem to FO faster that way.) After that, I'll just need to whip out four hats and then it's back to knitting for me!

10 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Anesthetized with Advil and beer? That sounds like my kind of weekend!:)

4:26 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Love the sock! The color is so dark and rich. Pretty!

Hope you're back to feeling better!

4:36 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Only four hats left? I'm jealous. I still have about half a sweater, a pair of socks, a half a sock, and 4/5 of a very long scarf to knit. And you know what makes it worse? Hannukah is very early this year.

I hope the beer/Advil cocktail worked.

4:46 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

ooh don't do beer and advil too often. not good for the liver, ya know. (this advice from the person who used to take advil while she was still drunk in order to stave off a hangover--a few puking incidents later, she learned her lesson)

i love the color combo on the socks. i hate 2x2 ribbing, however. good luck with gift knitting!

6:37 AM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

yard work is hard! I really like the blue socks!

8:03 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Blue Pop socks look great, even if you are snoring whilst knitting them.
(Hey! Look! I said whilst!)

As for your ass, it probably would help if you operate the weed whacker with your *hands* next time.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Gorgeous colorway of the socks! Um..hoping you heed Chemgrrls advice! ;)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

It is pretty yarn though! Is blue one of those sleep inducing colors?

4:01 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Love the Pop Socks! Simple ribs make good dad socks.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the socks - great color! Hope you are feeling better...

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home