Friday, November 23, 2007

Pop Socks

Pop Socks
Just like the post title - boring.

I had leftover pumpkin pie for breakfast. *sigh* I love Thanksgiving!

Uh, anyway, here are the Pop Socks
in all their snoozedom! These are a Christmas present for my dad.

Short & sweet
I wanted to do something a little more interesting for my dad's first glimpse of my knittin' skills, but this colorway is so dark, you can't make anything out! And believe me, I tried. Oh mama, how I tried. I did some Retro Rib, some seed rib, even a lozenge pattern. Nothin'. So it was plain 'ol 2x2 rib all the way down, with my favorite EoP flap and standard toe.

Aaaand just call me Forrest, 'cuz that's all I have to say about that.
Pop Socks
EoP, hee!

Yaaarn
Like the M's Bossed Leaves Socks, I used Shibui in a semi-solid colorway for these. And like the M's Bossed Leaves Socks, it did that same wide stripey thing that I didn't really care for. Sadly, it only achieved the cool heathery effect through the instep.

The yarn also bled a bit on my fingers this time, which was a tad annoying. Luckily, there was only a faint tint in the soak and no fading afterwards (I tested a swatch first, just to be sure).

It's lovely stuff, but given the stripes and dye-tinted digits,
I probably won't use Shibui in a semi-solid again.

That's a wrap
The knitting put me to sleep, the yarn bled on my fingers, and I didn't care for the way it striped up. Process aside though, I'm happy enough with the end result. And I'm sure my Dad will enjoy them!
Pop Socks
Pop Socks
Pattern: 2x2 rib + EoP flap + standard toe
Yarn: Shibuiknits Sock in 2955 (2 skeins)
Needles: KP 1, 32"

11 Comments:

Blogger chemgrrl said...

They look very nice, despite having almost bored you to death. And they're a pretty color. And squarshy. I'm in love with the Shibui sock, but I've only knit a swatch with some cheese doodle orange. It's sad about the stripies, but maybe your dad will like it. Congrats on one Xmas knit done!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh yeah, he'll love them! And probably ask for more!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Those are nice!!! I really like the colorway! Hope your fingers aren't too blue anymore! ;)

3:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There should be pie for breakfast everyday!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Eryn said...

Dad will love them!

4:14 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That blue is so deep and enticing. I think the rib was the way to go as the yarn is variegated enough on its own.

4:09 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I did a K2P1 rib for Pop socks and almost died of boredom too--not to mention that bigger feet = more knitting of said k2p1 rib.

Those socks, however, are worth the effort--the colors just pop! (excuse the pun)

8:36 AM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

they are so bright! I really like that blue, it doesn't matter that the stitch pattern is plain.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

I love the color, it pops (pun fully intended). But... I know all about ribbed socks. The ribbing keeps going, forever and ever, and suddenly, it's 1/4 inch too long, aaargh!

4:49 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Well, I actually like the striping. I think it works quite well with the ribbing, but I can see how it could be annoying when you weren't expecting it. I'm sure your father is going to love them (even if he won't realize what a PITA all that ribbing is).

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty socks - I love the color and the subtle striping. I'm sure your Dad will love them - and probably ask for another pair!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home