Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gobble, gobble, frog

Backyard Leaves (wip)
Knit Wit + blue cardstock + paper clips + photocopies + red marker to remind me which rows are the wrong side and to knit the chart from left to right = white trash chart keepin' bliss.


I'm seven repeats into the first half of my mom's Backyard Leaves scarf and so far, it's a really fun knit! Took about a repeat to get used to the chart, but now that I don't have to check the legend every nanosecond, it's going by a little more smoothly. My white trash chartkeeper helps. God bless the paper clip!


But, we've hit a road bump. Upon finishing the seventh repeat late Monday night, I was admiring how oh-so-very-cool it was turning out... and that's when I saw them. The mistakes. It appears I muffed up the tips of two leaves (which are strategically facing away from you in the picture) on the third and fifth repeat. Exact same side, exact same mistake. I purled those stitches rather than knitted them. So instead of a nice, leafy point, they're kind of flat-topped. Like an 80's rock star.

Now I'm sure my mom won't notice. And, even if she did, she wouldn't care. But it bothers me. I'm just trying to figure out if it bothers me enough to frog the thing back or to ignore them and continue on. I have a feeling the frog will win.

*sigh* Sometimes being an anal perfectionist really blows.

Maybe I can distract myself with thoughts of food. The ILs are skipping town so I'm whipping up a feast for Hubster, my bro, and my bro's roommate for Thanksgiving. Today, I'll be making the mashed potatoes (from this recipe, which looks seriously kick. ass.) and cranberry sauce (first time trying it from scratch, we'll see how it goes!). Tomorrow it'll be a nine-pound bird with all the trimmings. It was the smallest one I could find - we'll be on tryptophan for days!

Yay for nice, small, cosy get-togethers where I can stuff my face with people who are legally required to love me even after they see me mow down dinner like a cow!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be making those potatoes also tonight... and trying not to think about the caloric content. They look SO good, right?!

12:13 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Remind me to send you the blub's mashed potato recipe. Those look pretty good, but my sweetie makes the world's best. Really. They are NOT, however, low-fat in any sense of the word. But they're damn tasty. :)

I say forget yer mistakes. Your mum will never notice. Besides, if your knitting were perfect, then the gods would get jealous and trap you inside it. Although on further reflection, that might not be a bad thing...

Happy Thanksgiving!

12:52 PM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

oooooh wow! It looks great. I feel your pain on the mistakes :(

12:53 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that poses funky-mistake knitting so you can't see the mistake ;-).

Happy Turkey day!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

If it makes ya feel any better, I couldn't even get through one repeat of the scarf. It looked like a$$, clearly because I didn't know how to read a chart correctly when I cast it on. One of these days I'll have to give it another go.

Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy all the potatoes you want!

(P.S. Thanks for the personal cheering section. The sweater was finished tonight -- pictures tomorrow!)

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home