Friday, October 05, 2007

BS3 - The End of the Road

I skipped the Purse Guts assignment because, well, my purse is a snoozer. I don't keep much in it, so there's not much to see. My ride's not that exciting either. The only mildly interesting thing about it (besides having given it my undying love, which is good as I expect I'll be driving it until the frame falls off, probably in the middle of the freeway) is that I named it 'Stash. So I'll pad this assignment with some road trip pics from 4th of July weekend.

We drove a few hours to the center of hell (outhouses, dirt, no place to really clean up, bugs everywhere, and a lake of questionable murkiness. The people were nice, though!) for a barbeque. When the pavement turned to an unmarked dirt road, I knew we were in trouble.

Clearly, when they created this road with the nice steep dropoff, the city planners didn't take into account that two cars might actually encounter each other going in opposite directions at the same time. I think we had pulled over at this point to let some jackoff tailgater pass. It's hard to remember the details. The fear has blocked it from my mind. I dubbed this "Chicken Road."
BS4 - Chicken Road
Ready, set, chicken!

The directions were a tad unclear, evidenced by the fact that we apparently reached the end with nowhere left to go. A locked gate, a dirt road, and no one around for miles. Isn't this how horror movies start out?
BS4 - The End
Cue scary scare the crap out of you music here.

There was no cell phone service (largest calling network my ass), so we sat there for a few minutes trying to figure out where the turn might actually have been. All the while expecting some dude with a chainsaw or no teeth to come bursting out of the trees and offer us a "lift."

Thankfully, we managed to find the correct turn a couple of miles back down the road. This is what my bumper looked like when we finally got there. Awwwwesome.
BS4 - Dirt
Sweet.

Nothing like doing a little unexpected offroading in a four-door passenger vehicle in a remote location without cell phone service and no visible landmarks anywhere!

This has nothing to do with my ride, I just thought it was funny that I only managed to get the cow's ass in the shot.
BS4 - Cow Ass
Hey, aren't you supposed to be on the OTHER side of the fence?

7 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

I think the cow butt creeps me out most.

4:23 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Cow or bull?? Either way you were in the field WITH it - eek!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Since you survived the ordeal, I suppose I can tell you that the cow's ass is cracking me up!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Eryn said...

Dueling banjos is playing in my head non-stop.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YAY! Chicken Road!!!

I'm glad you didn't meet an axe wielding maniac. That would have sucked.

10:36 AM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I'm glad you survived! Totally sounds like a slasher movie set up to me! :)

11:10 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Nothing like a little 'unexpected off-roading' to keep it real! Glad you had a sense of humor about it:)

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home