Saturday, September 08, 2007

Rockin' swap

I must share this fabulous swap I had with the lovely clumberknits! In exchange for the Monkey Hooters and Balls (hehehe, you know I had to get that in one more time), she sent me this luscious skein of Yarntini in Three Rivers Stripe. Just lookit all those beautiful blues and greens. *sigh*
Yarntini - Three Rivers Stripe
River me happy.

But she totally surprised me by including this gorgeous HANDMADE journal, too! Isn't it amazing? The cover is made from polymer clay and the paper is 100% acid-free cotton. I love the card, too -- the inside says "'I walk the line' - Johnny Cash." How true. ;)
Journal + Card
Actually, I walk over the line...

Here's a closer look at the binding, which is a modified version of a technique used in 4th-century Egypt, handsewn and designed to lie flat.
Journal binding
I'm completely awestruck that she made this herself! And it's perfect, because I've been hunting for a worthy journal to start writing in.
Thank you clumberknits, you rock!

7 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ok that card - hilarious. But that journal is awesome! That's so cool!

4:29 PM  
Blogger clumberknits said...

Aw, it was my pleasure. Thanks for your very nice words...
I love my socks so much!

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn is beautiful - the journal is amazing!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Cool journal!!! And yarn! And card! Oh my!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice colorway, lucky you! Love that journal too!

9:52 AM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

great yarn, but that journal is amazing! You lucky girl you!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Wow, that journal is amazing! Now you no longer have an excuse for not keeping one.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home