Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I blogstalk, therefore I am

With the rise of the zombies comes the return of Blogstalking 2. Muahahahahaha!

This week, we are to answer the question - Who am I? I could dig out some philosophical theories on this, that, and the other, but really, I'm not that deep. And besides, my mind is a dangerous place that no one should go into alone.

So let's just peel away one layer of this little onion. Who am I? Well, I am a knitter. But you already knew that. How 'bout a few things you may not know about me?
BS2 - Coffee
Like many of my fellow blogstalkers, I am a woman who cannot begin her day without coffee. Caffeine and food must be consumed within an hour and a half of waking up, lest you release the beast. I am the barista at the weezahome, because Hubster can only make two kinds of coffee - brown water or tar. (We need to schedule another orientation.)
BS2 - SS
I am a woman who is freakishly organized. Behold my multi-tab knitting spreadsheet, complete with stash, FOs, costs, multi-level queues, and scheduled months of completion. The tip of the iceberg, my friends, the tip of the iceberg.
BS2 - Articles
I am a woman who likes to tear articles out of newspapers and magazines, stuff them in a drawer, and never look at them again. Until that one day when I have absolutely nothing to do, at which time I will put them into several different binders which I will also never look at again but for some reason can't bring myself to throw away.
BS2 - CDs
I am a woman who now has more songs in her iTunes than her iPod can hold. (Note: these are just the burned CDs that are awaiting storage in the garage - there are about 150 more not pictured.) And, while importing our combined CD collection, has realized that her husband at one time held an unnatural fondness for 80s compilation CDs.
BS2 - Mirror
Here's a threefer - I am a woman who likes to refinish things, like this mirror that was transformed from ghetto gold to antiquey silver. I am a woman who likes to unearth little treasures at flea markets and on craigslist, like that fabulous Stickley Morris chair knockoff (which of course, I reupholstered). And I am a woman who loves to read, and needs to make more time to do it.
BS2 - Cedar
I am a woman who thinks the person who put the combination lock on this old cedar chest deserves a good ass-kicking. (And yes, one of these days, I'll refinish this and replace it with an appropriate lock.)
BS2 - Camel
I am a woman whose husband's idea of antiquing is much different than hers.
BS2 - Sean
I am a woman who was watching The Rock yesterday and thinks Sean Connery should be DNA-mapped and cloned so we can each have one of our own.

16 Comments:

Blogger sillyrabbit said...

Great post! I have exactly that same cedar chest!

1:36 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

I had a really similar chest, too--except mine wasn't really cedar. Instead someone had pasted cedar-looking shelf paper on the inside walls. Yeah, I didn’t keep that one long.

Love the chair! I am oozing with jealously.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love your post!! Yeah, when hubby makes coffee..um..can we talk grinds in it...sigh!!

Love your little seating area!!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

No music collection is complete without the Time-Life Sounds of the 80s. And 70s. Maybe the 90s, but I just don't think we're far enough away from the music mistakes of the 90s to be objective about them.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

OK, I think I'm in love. That spreadsheet is awesome! It totally puts mine to shame.

And there is nothing wrong with a fondness for 80's compilations. I myself own a ridiculous number.

Hmm... I wonder if your hub has any I don't... ;)

4:11 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Dude, my husband can't make good coffee either. Thank god he's ok with drinking his own tar. I don't touch it no matter what!

Great post!

But the Earl Grey Tea there says it's uncaffeinated--what gives? ;-)

4:30 PM  
Blogger Bad Amy said...

My husband makes the brown water version - gack! Please enroll him in your orientation review!

6:19 PM  
Blogger kemtee said...

Oh. My. Gourd. Your cedar chest and my cedar chest could be cousins. Except mine does have an appropriate lock. But no key. Wow.

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have the coolest stuff. Can I move in with you? And listen to your good music and drink your good coffee?
Also, Fogo de Chao! We have something like that here, called Rio Sabor de Brazil. But we call it Meat Palace.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Sign me up for a Sean Connery clone, please....

Love your post, and the pix of some of your finds!

5:37 AM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

you have wonderful taste! so many beautiful things. and you knit too!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I'll take a Sean Connery, too, please. I second Bobbi (and everyone else) - you have awesome decorating taste!!

8:55 AM  
Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

I loved your post! I had no idea we had so much in common!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Speckel said...

DH hates everything about coffee; won't even kiss me if I've been drinking it. So, I get no help in that dept, but it sounds like it's for the best.

6:53 AM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

I inherited my aunt's "hope" chest, which is cedar (I think) and has a spinning wheel on it! It's just not here; it's at my parents' house.

My husband makes decent coffee, for a person who won't touch the stuff. Of course, my standards aren't very high -- I drink Chock Full of Nuts!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with you on the spreadsheet. My tabs include: stash, needle stash, queue, FOs, sizes (the foot and other measurements of family and friends), conversions (where I keep the formulas for g/oz and stuff like that), plus a couple of other little ones. I think I get just as much joy from going in and entering new yarn information into my stash page as I do from buying the yarn in the first place. Organizers, unite!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home