Monday, July 30, 2007

Shopazulu

Zulugrass Bracelets
Turns out I can be swayed by more than just yarn!

The lovely and evil (haha!) enabler Zonda posted about these Leakey Zulugrass strands in her blog on Friday (here's her post, and the one from Scout). Now I meant to just pick some up for Zonda. But a few jumped into my hands. Totally against my will.

These are one strand each in indigo blue, deep green, and dusty pink, doubled up and held together with a bracelet clasp. Aren't they pretty? They were on sale, too! Plus, they help to support the Maasai women of Kenya. Gorgeous, on sale, and a good cause - that's like a shopping trifecta! Resistance would have been futile! (Yeah, like I tried sooo hard to resist.)

It's nice to have some retail therapy! I left the corporate world a few months ago to go freelance and it was a little "AHHH! What have I done!" there in the beginning. But I've secured a couple of clients in the last month who are feeding me a steady stream of assignments, so I'm breathing a little easier!

In knittin' news, I finished my Mata Hari socks last night, so look for that FO post tomorrow. And, sadly, I had to frog the Summertime Tunic. I was about halfway through when my knituition kicked in and I could sense this yarn and this pattern were not meant to be. I hated to frog that deep into it, but better to do that than waste more time on something that wasn't going to turn out right. Ah, well. I think the creamsicle Calmer is destined to become a Tomato next spring.

P.S. I opened up a can of superfreak on my knitting spreadsheet this weekend (re-sorted and re-organized based on the realization I only have two hands). As a result, my Destash set has a few new items in it, especially some really fabulous sock yarns. I'm hoping to swap rather than sell so we can share the stash love. Check it out!

5 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Love the bracelet, but I'm more interested in where I can purchase my own can of superfreak. ;-)

3:46 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Hey Bezzie, I think you can get them at Sam's Club. They were on special last week.

Arrugh, you are killing me with the Destash. I'm still looking for something that you might like for the SG coffee bean...

6:07 AM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

beautiful! I'll have to find a retailer near me!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe..They look really great on your wrist!! Can't wait for mine :)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Gorgeous! Wait... I feel something... oh no, they're contagious!

I'm managing to stay away from your destash, so nobody will mind if I just buy some beads, right?

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home