Thursday, July 26, 2007

Fresh Air

My copy of the final Harry Potter arrived yesterday afternoon. I finished it around 2am and can now emerge from my self-imposed media blackout and rejoin the world. (I even had to put Hubster under strict gag-or-you-lose-your-gonads orders not to utter a single HP reference of any kind until he received clearance from me. Why? Because he gave away the ending of the last book when I was about two chapters from the end. TWO chapters, people. I hate it when that happens in any book. His defense was, "I thought you knew!" Hey. Genius. Maybe next time, you could ask if I'd heard about the ending instead of just blurting it out like that. He's lucky he's still a man, that's all I can say.)

Problem is, I don't have any knitting pictures to show you. Hmmmm....perhaps I can distract you from the lack of wippiness with some Jiffy-ness?
Jiffy Pop, The Beginning
Step 1: Find $1 oldskool Jiffy Pop at Target.

Saturday night I watched The Departed, which I didn't think I would like (not really into mafia movies) but actually did (was more about the two cops than the mafia). Not one I'd wanna watch over and over again, but it was quite enthralling.
Jiffy Pop II: Rise of the Machines
Step 2: Do the hokey pokey and shake it all about.

Sunday night, Hubster and I packed a picnic dinner and strolled down to the local park for a summer concert. It was fun! After about an hour, we walked over to the movie theater and watched Die Hard 7. 4. 5. Whichever number it was. Fun, fluffy, entertaining, lots of stuff exploding in big massive bursts of flames and stuff. That Timothy Olyphant, he crazy.
Jiffy Pop III: The Heat is On
Step 3: Tell JP to hurry the eff up, because you don't remember it taking this long when you were little and goddam your arm is getting tired.

I've finally gotten the hang of the Greenwood yarn tension and am halfway up the feet of my Mata Hari socks. Turns out you really do need to hold it fairly tight. I was overcompensating for the elasticity. Sound familiar? You'd think I would learn. Maybe I'll get it down by the time I do my next pair, which will be in Fixation.
Jiffy Pop IV: Supersize Me
Step 4: Marvel in the retro wonder of JP. Grudgingly split with significant other. Follow with Pepto Bismol chaser because dang! this stuff is greasy!

And that's all we have for today.

7 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe! I love that popcorn. My daughter wants to try it in 2 yrs when her braces come off. There is a ban on popcorn in our house til then and I am so drooling over yours right now! Gah!

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started Harry Potter and am completely paranoid my kids are going to tell me the ending (they already finished it). Jiffy Pop - I haven't had that in years!

3:01 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I can't believe they still sell Jiffy Pop like that!!

Harry comes back and starts a talk show where he counsels muggles Dr. Phil style.

oops! Did I ruin it for y'all?!

4:26 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i wondered where you went. i finished the book last saturday and then spicy asked me to give him the five minute recap of the entire series, so he never has to read it now. he is grateful.

i am mailing your yarn today--so sorry it took so long. *pained face*

6:55 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

The Departed is excellent! I didn't think I'd like it either, as mafia movies are not my thing, but I was really impressed with this one.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

I had to have my husband explain Jiffy Pop to me, but now that I know what it is, I'm going to Target and looking for some. That looks like fun!

6:34 PM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

ah! I can't believe someone gave it away! I'm almost though the Half Blood Prince and have avoided any spoilers so far. But blog reading makes me nervous!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home