Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wanna quickie?

Hmmm, I wonder if I'm going to start getting weird and pervy hits from the post title....

I'm *this* close to finishing my next pair of socks - the Child's First Sock in Shell Pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks. These are both going at the same time on separate sets of DPNs and I'm down to the feet. For the first time, I'm nervous I may run out of yarn by the time I get to the toes (normally I have more than enough left over). Hubster reassured me and said, "You won't run out. I have faith in you." He knows nothing of knitting, which made it really, really, really cute. So cute, I didn't even try to explain that it's more about yardage than faith. ;)

I also started a Saturday Market Bag and am done with the bod. Just need to finish the top and handles and this one's done, too! I may have two FOs by this weekend, whoo hoo! (rhyme unintentional)

I think I'm going to frog the two-at-once ML pair and start over. The slip knot at the start of the Magic Cast-on is bugging me, and since I've only done the toes, might be best to begin anew.

I tinkered around with my template today. Made a header, made a button, changed my profile image, immersed myself deep in geeky codeville on the sidebar. Now she's all shiny and new!

Wow, this post is really boring.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love the new banner!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I'm groovin' on the new banner too!

4:14 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I don't do a slip knot for the Magic Cast on anymore. Just lay the yarn over the needle and twist it. Then begin.

6:12 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i like the new banner.

i enjoyed your post. it was very stream of consciousness. i sometimes have trouble being interesting as well, and then i remember that no one besides me gives a crap and i might as well say what i want to how i want to.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

your banner and button are adorable.

i'm just watching for your ring code, and then i'll add you to the knittyheads ring.

hugs!

11:42 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Looking good, you have been working hard. Sorry to hear about your car, how is it now??


PS I have been tagged, and need to pass it on 7 times so I have tagged you - see my blog for details ;-)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Yeah, I've been doing the same, but with much less success. Now some stuff is missing from my sidebar and I don't know why. *sigh*

Yay for finishing socks, though. Ever had second sock syndrome before the first sock of the pair was done? I think I may have to invent Second Pair Syndrome -- when you're knitting the same pattern again too soon.

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home