Thursday, April 05, 2007

TG4G

I was deep in the midst of a full-fledged pre-mid-life crisis this morning (long buried, deep seated, bottled up frustration sparked to the surface after a headbangingly stupidstupidstupid meeting) and all I can say is, thank god for girlfriends.

Sug, thank you so much for talking things out with me. You have no idea how much it helped. (Comment about it being not so "pre" aside. :P) Mwah!

So there might be some changes a-comin' for the weez. A little scary, but hopefully better for the soul. And hopefully with support from Hubster. But I promise, I will try not to talk about myself in the third person like I just did.


FO of doom?
Now the knit news - bradyphenia forced me to hit the knithappens sale last week (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it), so I ordered some Mission Falls wool in raspberry, as well as an Addi Turbo in size 10, 16".

The AT was for the Cabled Newsboy hat, which I'm beginning to think is doomed. First, I tried it on size 10.5 Clovers. Way too grippy for me. Frog. Then above-mentioned girlfriend loaned me her size 10.5 ATs. A tad too big. Frog again. Then I tried it on size 10 dpns. That many stitches on dpns = big fat PITA. Was afraid my foul colorful language would scar the neighborhood kids. Frog again. Check the lys for a size 10, 16" AT. Twice. Not in stock. Then I hit the sale and manage to order one before it sold out. It ships, and hope springs eternal.

Well, my order arrived yesterday. Yarn? Lovely. Needle? Wrong. freaking. size. They sent me a 2, 16" instead. (Not sure how one mistakes "2" for "10", but the yarn was a steal so I'll let that one pass.)

*sigh* Perhaps the knitting gods are trying to tell me the hat will look like crap and to frog my losses. Or just stick with socks.

Speaking of socks (Bob, I can name that segue in eight notes...), I'm going against every fiber in my being and knitting a pair in plain vanilla stockinette. Because I caved long after the craze yet again and have started a pair of Pomatamus. Pomatomus. Pomotamus. Whatever, the scaley pattern by Cookie A. that I always want to pronouce popatamus. I figured a pair of simple socks would give me a nice break from all those ktbls!

By the way, glad everyone liked my hootchie stash! Y'all are a bunch of pervs. Which is why I love ya. ;) Maybe next year she'll get a friend...

2 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Geesh! Bummer about your needles!

8:59 PM  
Blogger stacyZ said...

MWAH!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the Pre comment heehehehe

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home