Thursday, February 01, 2007

Take this job and...well, you know

I've been dissatisfied with my current job for some time now. And, if you've followed along here for any length of time, you know my commute sucks ass. After we moved last year, even though I, the nocturnal one, get up at the butt crack of dawn to try and beat the worst of it, I still spend about three hours a day in my car. Sometimes more. Which might be bearable, if the job were worth it. But, it's not.

I've been doing the job hunt for a bit now and this week, it paid off! I was offered a much better position with a significant increase in salary - and it's HALF the commute. Naturally, I took it! :) Just in time, too, as I've been dealing with an inordinately high level of idiocy at work this week. I actually had to explain to a client that if she FAXES me the artwork for her WEB ad, there's reeeeeally not a lot I can do with it. There are many more examples I could tell, but that one's my favorite.

Oh, and I finished my STR socks! I'll do the write-up this weekend. Even though I've already worn them. Twice.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Congrats of the new job!!! I am sure it will be MUCH better. Can't wait to see the STR!!!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Woo hoo!!! 2/9 baby! I'll be counting down the end with you ;-)!

4:48 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

New job! Woo hoo!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Congratulations on the new job! New Year for New Beginnings!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
I know how much a horrible commute can suck out of you... Think of how much more knitting time you'll have!

7:14 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

yayyyyyyy job! congrats.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

congratulations on your new job!!

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home