Sunday, February 25, 2007

Never ending claps and magic ribs


Seriously? I mean seriously. Seriously?

This is all the mail I got on Tuesday, and every single envelope is junk mail. That's right, the entire stack. Booooooo! What a waste of paper.

Sorry, had to let that out. ;) Aaanyway, since we Tivo and start the Oscars two hours later (gotta FF through the boring parts, the ceremony only lasts half an hour in our house), how 'bout some wip shots?


Show me the end my friend. Please?

The Mini-clapotis. AKA, The "now weezalana remembers why she doesn't normally knit scarves like this especially in DK weight because it's the same thing over and over and over again for eighty bazillion miles and good god is this thing ever going to end" scarf. Catchy name, huh.

This is a bit further along now, but I feel like I've been knitting it since fetal formation and still have a gazillion repeats to go. I've started to knit it exclusively, because I just want it to end. Yeah, yeah, I know I'll love it once it's finished. Whatever, is it done yet?


And we go round and round and round...

Inspired by Batty, I decided to try Magic Loop on my Twin Rib socks. Gotta say, kinda diggin' it! DPNs are still my method of choice, but this is a nice alternative. The yarn also knits up a little better on 1.5s, so the Addis are perfect. Reeeealy like how the colors are coming together, too!

5 Comments:

Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Love that sock yarn!! What brand/colourway?

8:34 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yes, nice colorway! Hehe, I am bringing my mini clapotis on my trip just to "get it done!" too!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

My junk mail looks about like your stack. It makes me crazy, too. I don't even know how they get my address!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I have yet to make a clapotis at all. I remember the clapotis craze a few years back, but was left behind like I was in the bell-bottom craze, the low-rise craze, and several other crazes. I'm just not too crazy about crazes. Good luck, though, with your mini clapotis.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

I hate junk mail. There are stacks and stacks of it all over our office floor because I'm usually too lazy to shred them.

The clap is looking good. Boring, maybe, but it'll be pretty.
ML takes some getting used to. I hated it for a while and thought I'd never use it as my preferred sock knitting method. Now I love it. Give it a chance. If you still don't like it after an entire pair, you can always go back to DPNs.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home