Tuesday, January 09, 2007

They say decaf is as good as the real thing...

Pardon my jumbled jumpiness tonight, I've been in "fire fire!" mode at work the last two days and my mind is going a mile a minute! I hit a strange insomniatic phase last night too, so add a dash of sleep-deprived delusion and this is what you get!

knitterly update
I'm a one and a half repeats and a toe away from finishing my second Embossed Leaves sock! Ooooh, it fits so nice. The yarn is way too variegated to really show the pattern, but since they're going to be under my pants most of the time, eh, whatever. I hope to post 'em by Thursday or Friday. Squeee!

I think this may be the year of the sock. Right now nothing else is really making my tingly, although that Alchemy Rockstar cardigan has been burning a hole in my pattern binder for a while. Pondering whether or not to start that this month. By the time it's done it'll probably be too warm to wear it. May pop that into the late summer sked on the spreadsheet. Hmmmm....

drive-bys
Once the Embossed Leaves is off the sticks, I'll be rolling around in some STR squishiness and knitting the IK Diagonal Rib socks. Will also be starting knitty's Thuja socks for Hubster in some boy color LL.

I ordered a gorgeous swift last week with my Christmas gift money but sadly, it arrived with the legs snapped clear in half. Wah! But the service from Oregon Woodworker is stellar and a replacement is already on the way!

I sold two skeins of LL this week, then turned right around and scored some All Things Heather with the fundages from it. Yup, that NY's resolution is really working out well for me. But wait, didn't I say I could get more if I sold some of my stash? Ah yes, I can justify anything.

Speaking of selling the stash (Bob, I can name that segue in four notes...), I posted a few things for sale/swap on destash and in my flickr group (by product of insomnia last night, organizing flickr pics at 1am). Feels weird to post about it here, not sure why, but check it out if you like. :) Shipping's always free for you girls!

PSA
Got a koochie? Know someone who does? Check out Bezzie's Koochie Awareness Yarn Extravaganza and sked your appointment today!

Party like a rock star
I love this band: Future in Plastics. They have an album on iTunes, go download it now! You know you waaaaannaaaaa...you're getting sleeepy....very sleeepy....log on to iiiiiiiTunes....download the aaaaalbum....


Okay, I better go meditate or something before I spin myself into a tizzy. Although, that does sound like fun...

5 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Is it Beavis or Butthead that's always squealing "Fire! Fire!"?

Can't wait to see your socks. I need to knit a pretty pair of socks sometime this year and I'm looking to the blogosphere for inspiration!

6:44 AM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Man, my brain was doing that last night as well; I got out of bed at 10:45 and had to go sort through my stash and do the math to see if I had enough to make a few projects from the yarnplay book. IT. HAD. TO. BE. DONE. RIGHT. NOW!!!!!

8:06 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

LOL - I *so* get that HAS. TO. BE. DONE. RIGHT. NOW!!! bug!

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You so clearly described a mood so many of us have found ourselves in....body running, running, running....then when it stops the miind keeps going. Thank goodness we have knitting to keep us sane.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Haha, you can always tell when my coffee has started kicking in because I start getting chattery! This year is definately the year of the sock. It's when I'm going to learn to knit them!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home