Sunday, January 07, 2007

I'm alllive

Oh lordy, I got taken down and taken down HARD with the flu on Thursday. Not just your average, run of the mill, feel like crap for a day flu. I'm talkin' 1887, wipe out the settlers, influenza flu. The past few days have gone something like this:

Thursday: Wake up. Feel stuffy, achy, hot, raw sore throat, hacking cough. Figure a day of rest will cure it, as it generally does.

Friday: Misery of immeasurable magnitude. Pray for death.

Saturday: Beg evil leprechauns to stop trying to extract my spleen through my face.

Sunday: Fever breaks sometime in the middle of the night. Evil leprechauns depart. Wake up feeling congested and battered, but human. (And thankful prayers for death went unanswered.)

I can not remember the last time I was this sick. But thank goodness for Hubster - he was so sweet and took excellent care of me the entire time. Made me soup, tucked me in, massaged my swollen sinuses, got me more meds, did whatever he could to make me less miserable. Big fat brownie points all around!

When I stumbled out of bed on Friday in a drug-induced haze to get some oj, I saw that he'd moved my car to the other side of the street so as not to get a ticket. My eyes welled up with tears, and I said, "He loves me! He really loves me!" Okay, I was totally delirious on 85 flu meds, but sometimes it's the little things, ya know?

2 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Wow. Hallucenogenic leprachaun sick. That IS sick!!!

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

So glad you are feeling better! Yikes...glad you aren't seeing leprechauns anymore! ;)

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home