Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Blogstalking resolutions

Does anybody ever keep New Year's Resolutions? Maybe I'll just call them weez's goals for 2007. Here we go, in no particular order:

1. I will not to buy or swap for any more sock yarn* until I knit up at least three pairs with what I already have. Unless it's really, really pretty. Or on sale. Or I'm in a bad mood and need some retail therapy. Or I sell some of my current stash. *Disclaimer: Does not include January 1st, as it was a holiday and One Planet Yarn and Fiber had really, really pretty yarn on sale.

2. I will not judge an FO the second it comes off the needles at 3 am* after getting no sleep the night before and in a sleep deprived haze thinking it looks like crap go stick it in a ziplock bag in a drawer and start knitting a replacement two days later then go take it out of the ziplock bag to take measurements and realize it actually looks great and I just spent half a day knitting a replacement when I could have been knitting something else. *See Jay-T sweater.

3. I will take part in at least one charity knitting project. This year, it will be Bezzie's Koochie! Wait, that didn't come out right...

4. I will not go on vacation between Thanksgiving and Christmas because it totally f's-up my knitting schedule (must... stick... to... Excel.... spreadsheet... gaaaaah!...). Or at least start knitting any holifos in say, September instead of December.

5. I will blow the mile high layer of dust off my yoga and pilates DVDs, start using them again, and sculpt my thuttocks back into two separate body parts. Or would that be four - two cheeks and two thighs?

6. I will stop masquerading as a camel and drink more water.

7. I will go back to making weekly menus on Sunday, so I don't come home every night, stare into the refrigerator, wonder what the hell to make for dinner, then close my eyes, count to ten, and hope a fully-cooked meal magically forms on the counter.

8. I will remember that during the week I get up before the butt crack of dawn, am not a vampire, and actually try to get more than five hours of sleep a night. Um, starting tomorrow.

9. I will stop ingesting salt like it's a food group.

10. I will stop my trend toward hermitdom and spend more time with friends.


So there's a nice round list of ten. I do have some plans as well, which don't necessarily qualify as goals per se:

1. Design a header for this blog.

2. Create at least one true knitting design (which I already have in mind).

3. Start my own little side business (which is already in the works as well).

4. Renovate the half bathroom that's off our living room. Right now it's...let's just say we haven't gone in there since we got the place - almost a year ago.

5. Complete some minor home projects: finish repainting the baseboards, repaint the office, clear out some of the landscaping, and clean out the garage.


Lest you think I'm high, most of the goals are behavioral adjustments - if you just take the "active" goals and the plans together, it's within the realm of possibility (er, right?). At any rate, it's good to voice them, pulls more weight for accountability. We'll see where I land a year from now!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh hon, there's no knitting involved with my Kootchie--just yarn! That's the beauty of it. It's more a charity for us!

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm well I KNOW you and I KNOW you WILL finish all of those by July!!!!!!! :)

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that you mention this, I'm pretty harsh on my FO's too. I guess this can be part of the 'be kind to ourselves' type of resolution.

And yes, asking you to completely stay away from those great year's end sales would be too much. I just ordered a whole sweater's worth of yarn, too... but it was 60% off!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hehehe still laughing at the top list...#3!!

I'm very critical of my FO's too! I just want to knit more...

guess if I stayed off here I would...but where would the fun be...no blogstalking :)

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home