Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Yaaaarn Pr0000n

I work the rooster shift at the office to avoid the worst of the traffic on my hellish commute, but since I was out sick yesterday, stayed late today to catch up.

I was getting ready to leave when Hubster called. The beginning of our conversation went something like this:

Hubster: We're going to dinner tonight? (what the hell are we doing tonight tone)
Me: Huh? (what the hell are you talking about tone)
Hubster: My dad just asked me if I was leaving yet, we're having dinner with my parents? (confused)
Me: Aw, CRAP! (loud enough for half the office to hear)

I had completely spaced that we'd made plans to have dinner with the ILs as a belated birthday celebration (Hubster's birthday was last week). We talked about it this weekend, but have so much shit going on right now that it didn't really register with either of us.


We normally don't plan stuff for weeknights because after a long day at work, we just don't have the energy. And because we forget. Clearly. It's a good thing I was working late, otherwise I'd have been halfway home! And that he called, otherwise they'd be sitting there wondering where I was. The end of our conversation went something like this:

Hubster: I don't want to go to dinner tonight.
Me: Well, *you're* the one who said you were going to be a brat about your birthday this year and didn't want to celebrate it when we see them on Christmas. I blame you.
Hubster: Yeah, I blame me too.

It's so nice being married to someone who takes ownership. ;) We went, had a very fun time, and the food was amazing. Well worth mustering up the energy.

Okay, back on yarn - I've been meaning to post these for a while:

What you see here is a bountiful bevy of luscious sock yarn. From left to right:

- Yarn Pirate in Clementine, a fabu swap with ChickenKnits
- Socks That Rock in Rainforest Jasper, a fabu swap with trillian
- Woolarina in my very own custom color, my fabu Socktoberfest prize
- Hello Yarn in Hoot, a fabu swap with JamieKate


They are all so deliciously soft. I wound the STR before our trip and oh lordy. I actually wanted to stop winding mid-ball and start knitting with it right then and there. Lickably, lickably soft. This is my first skein. I fear for my checkbook.


Here's a little pr0nny close up of the Yarn Pirate (it is sooo strokable, and how fanTAStic are those colors!) and STR, along with the beautiful row counter trillian included as an extra. Knittyheads rule!


Last but not least, a pr0nny close-up of the Woolarina and Hello. The lovely Paula at Woolarina emailed me after I was selected as a Socktoberfest winner and asked if I wanted something from their inventory or a custom dye. Now how does one say no to their own custom yarn!

As it turns out, at the time I'd been searching high and low for sock yarn with toffee-like tones. I found a few tasty pics online of toffees, caramels and such and sent her the links. She created the absolutely amazing colorway you see here, which was just what I was looking for! What would I name it - weezatoff? toffeeweez? carmaweez? weezamel? Hmmm....

Aaaanyway, she could not have been more friendly and wonderful in our emails, and the yarn is just gorgeous. And soft, did I mention soft?

Thank you Paula and all my knittyhead swappers!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Hee hee! Weezamel sounds like an asthmatic camel! ;-)

Very cool sock pron!

8:43 AM  
Blogger SuzannaBanana said...

I like carmaweez of the four choices. It sounds like a particularly tasty medicated lip balm. "The smooth, soothing taste of caramel...in a tin!"

It's a great color. Whatcha gonna make with it?

3:20 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

LOL - asthmatic camels and lip balm! :)

Hmmm, I'm not sure what it will become yet. Definitely a pair of socks, but the pattern is still up in the air. Maybe Wyvern?

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out www.koolim.com.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home