Friday, December 22, 2006

Job fairies and stealthy little elves

I have today off, which was originally intended as one big on-the-couch knitfest. But I got a call yesterday from a creative staffing firm with a writing opportunity that's closer to home. So I spent last night dusting off my book, gathering up samples, filling out paperwork, etc., and most of today sitting in craaaawwwwling traffic both before and after my meeting with them. I wanted to amputate my own ass by the time I got home, but hopefully this will pan out. If you see that job fairy flittering about, swat her on over here, wouldya?

This did put a bit of a cramp in my oh-crap-Christmas-is-here knitting schedule, though. Will have to try and stealth Hubster's Super Secret Surprise for a couple of hours before he gets home tonight, then again while he's out buying presents tomorrow. (As of a couple of days ago, I know for a fact he hadn't gotten anything from me yet, because he told me. He said he was having trouble shopping for me. After a few moments of stunned silence, I said, "Are you kidding me? I KNIT.")

He doesn't know I'm knitting him anything, which gives me an out if a) I don't finish or b) I do but it looks like crap. Unfortunately, it also means I can't just lock myself in the office and tell him to stay away (which of course would make him come back here, knock on the door every five minutes and ask, "Whatcha doin'?") Also need to finish a hat for SIL (would probably help if I started it first), one more baby bootie, and possibly re-knit a toddler sweater. Yeah. I'm high. But this is the season of miracles...

Remember a couple of months ago, when Christmas seemed like it was AGES away? It kinda snuck up on me this year. Like a Long Island Iced Tea.

Just in case I don't make it back here before then (since apparently sleep will be memorex until Monday), let me take a mo to wish you all a fabulous holiday filled with laughter, joy, loved ones, pointy sticks, and luscious fiber! If I didn't have these stealth knitting missions to complete, that would have been far more prosaic. So I'll just leave you with this, a shot of our holiday card and say Merry Christmas everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Awwwww...that's a sweet card!!!

And I am officially adopting "amputate my own ass" into my vocabulary!

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas lady...you know I love the card it is on our mantle right now! Cannot wait to see you next week.

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

And I second Bezzie on the "amputate my own ass"! It's a great expression.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home