Monday, December 11, 2006

Blogstalking Christmas Questionnaire

I'm baaack! Didja miss me? Between Thanksgiving (which we hosted at our house for the first time and thankfully went tastily well) and our trip, I had to go Casper there for a while there. But now we're back at home, back at work (bah humbug), and back to everyday life. I'll be posting write ups on three finished-just-before-vaca FOs this week, but for now, here's a little get-to-know-you holiday questionnaire for some blogstalkin' catch up.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate. Not real hot chocolate either, but the store-bought Nestle or Swiss Miss envelope of cocoa powder with the teeny tiny "marshmallows" that are like those "marshmallows" in Lucky Charms.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He stopped coming after I got to college and realized how much fun being bad was, but he used to wrap them.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Both! Blue and white adorn the front of the house while a strand of colored lights with an 8-mode function box that I've had for about a decade spirals up the tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? We're one of those disgusting couples that smooch all the time as it is, so no. If we hung mistletoe nobody would see us in December.

5. When do you put your decorations up? We haven't for the past few years (no room), but traditionally, the Christmas season officially kicks off the day after Thanksgiving. For me anyway. For stores, it's apparently freaking Halloween day. This year, we just put them up two days ago so as not to have a dead tree setting the house ablaze when we got back from vaca.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Errr, I dunno. All food is equal in the eyes of weezalana. Except sushi. And Indian food. And Italian. And...

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I don't know if it's my favorite, but the first one that comes to mind was I think my 7th or 8th, when I got one of those big, oversized Barbie heads that you could put makeup on and give fancy hairdos. I liked to give her punk rock purple eyeshadow and heavy Cleopatra eyeliner (apparently I thought Barbie was a ho). But I think I got a little overzealous with the blowdryer and fried her plastic 'do shortly thereafter.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Hmmm. Can't recall. Must've blocked that memory out. Traumatic and all.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Depends on how many are under the tree and how drunk I am.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Straight up colored lights, glass orbs in various sizes, and a few random ornaments we've gathered or been given over the years. Plain and simple really. We don't like a busy tree.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it! Except when it gets in my pants.

12. Can you ice skate? Yup! In the rain no less! Just don't ask me if I skate well.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? One Christmas Hubster got me a stuffed animal pony. It was a running joke with us, because whenever he asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I'd say a pony. I laughed my ass off when I opened that one! He was much loved until I made the mistake of running him through the w/d and fro'd his mane and tail. Poor little pony. Second place was two years ago, when Hubster's parents got me an iPod.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? The general feeling of happiness, friendship, and snuggly cosyness that seems to pervade during December. Except when you go to the mall where it's celebrity deathmatch to try and find a parking space, deal with the masses, and stand in endless lines. Hence why I love me that online shopping.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Mmmmm....

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Don't really have any set traditions yet. I guess if I had to pick something, it would be watching the Charlie Brown Christmas special (Snoopy cracks me up every time) and It's a Wonderful Life. And picking out presents for people, I love that!

17. What tops your tree? Branches. Maybe a cheesy foil-wrapped star soon, since we can't find anything we really like enough to buy.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving! It's so much fun to think back to conversations and little random things people have mentioned to me over the past year and pick out gifts I know they'll love. And of course, this year, adding a few knitting gifts to the list. I love to knit for other people!

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? The theme from the Charlie Brown Christmas special (the one where they're all dancing on the stage). And White Christmas. And The Christmas Song (Chesnuts roasting on an open fire...).

20. Candy canes...yuck or yum? Blech. Does that answer your question?

2 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Celebrity deathmatch at the mall...hee hee! My favorite Xmas pasttime is taking my purchases out each and every one to my car and putting them in my trunk and watching the cars follow me to see if I'm leaving and giving up my spot...ha ha! Sorry sucka! Just putting a bag in the trunk and heading back in!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Sounds like you have a history of frying plastic hair, first on Barbie, then on the pony!

And to follow up on bezzie: I really enjoy walking towards my car at the mall, but a couple of rows away. Someone will follow me hoping to get my spot when I move. Which is when I deftly go through several rows of parked cars to get where I actually left mine. The faces are priceless!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home