Sunday, October 22, 2006

Blogstalking: Bathcab weirdness (and some swappy goodness)

I had to root around a bit for this week's blogstalking assignment. My bathroom cabinets are pretty dull, since we keep all the good stuff in the...uhhh...never mind. What was I saying? Oh, yes, well, I managed to unearth these in the beauty product graveyard that one of the cabinets has become. Can you guess what they are?





Those would be...

.
.
.
.
.
.

Scalp massagers! They were one of the free gift with purchase items from Origins - you know, those cheapass little throwaways that you'll never use but for some reason feel the need to buy yet another unnecessary product to have? These are...um...wow, I can't even guess how old. Old enough that I can't remember how old they actually are. Now ask me how often I use them.

Never. Not once. In fact, this picture is probably about as close as they ever gotten to my head. Yet for some reason, they manage to make their way into the boxes every time we move (like that damn Hudson Hawk DVD). I can't quite bring myself to throw them away. Not sure why, really. Which is odd, because I'm normally rather diligent about purging crap like this and throwing it out.

Not part of the assignment but oh so yummy is this swappy goodness:

The VK, which has the Cat Bordhi sock pattern I've been eyeing, was compliments of knitty's Shallweknit. This was actually a gift - she sent it to me without asking for anything in return (how much do knittyheads rock)! When I PM'd her to thank her, she said, "We knitters have to stitch together!" How much do I love that line!

The bevy of sock yarns came with some size 3 supima dpns from the fabulous Leftyknitter. So many new skeins to play with, I can't wait to knit these up - especially that Spunky Eclectic!

Yesterday afternoon I started my second pair of socks, a pair of Dublin Bays with Koigu. I'm to the toe of the first now. I should probably start that Noni Carpet Bag, since I'm taking it on a trip next month, but dammit, I just can't put down the socks!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

I was going to say back exfoliators. You wear them on your toes and exfoliate as you massage someone's back by walking on it.

Nice RAK!

7:22 PM  
Blogger MrsFife said...

They look like acupressure slippers for someone with very foreshortened feet...

Lovely yarns :)

8:27 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Those look like the thing I used to brush horses with. Skalp massagers, huh? They really do invent the darndest things.

Nice yarn!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home