Thursday, September 07, 2006

If the day were passing any slower, I'd actually be going back in time.

I'm into my third day of want-to-poke-a-pencil-in-my-eye boredom at work. Add to that the increased traffic thanks to September's back to school flurry - which means I sit in my car for a minimum of 3 hours a day, 4 on Fridays or if there's an accident - and I am just craaaaaaaannnnnnkkkyyyyyyyy as all hell. If it weren't for my iPod, I would be ready to go Moleran on someone's ass. (Translation: Moleran - the phonetic spelling of that dude in Indiana Jones that pulled a heart out of some poor schmo's chest with his bare hands. Quite the icky visual image, but one that accurately describes how one feels when dealing with complete, absolute, soul-sucking dissatisfaction at work and a long ass commute in a gas-guzzling, 7-year-old 2-seater that requires a trip to the whole paycheck station every three days.)

SO, how does one try to appease the crankmonster? Why, with retail therapy, of course! It has proven to be an effective salve in these types of situations before. It's twice as effective when you have two gift cards from your birthday that you've been hoarding for just such an emergency.

First, I'll be heading over to my local Barnes & Noble during my lunch hour to see if they have Sensational Knitted Socks and possibly Knitting from the Top. The first always gets rave reviews and while I have yet to actually do more than just swatch those yummy Jaywalkers, I think it will be an oft-used resource. Plus, it will play nicely into my strange, inexplicable obsession with researching different ways to do toe-up socks and short rows instead of actually knitting them.

That second one my enabler purchased recently. She's a fan of the book but said it's more straight text than pics and images, which may be an issue for me. I'm more of a visual learner, but will have to do a flip-through and see if it appeals to my reading geek nature.

Then, just to be on the safe side, I'll be hitting the lys after work to pick up a pair of 10.5, 16" Clovers that I can sand the tips down on without having a heart attack should I screw them up. The MJ Pithy Hat will not defeat me! I'll be needing super pointies in that size anyway for a hubster hat that has twisted ribs. Lethal weapon tips will come in handy with all that knitting through the back loops.

Off to shop on someone else's dime! Hot damn, I feel better already...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home