Thursday, September 21, 2006

Blogstalking Literati

Today we feature the weezalana sitting room, located right off the kitchen and living room, complete with built-in and fireplace for snuggling up with a good book. If, that is, I ever stop knitting long enough to actually read something.

To the left you'll note my craigslist-steal-of-a-deal Stickley knockoff chair, on which you can get a glimpse of my stash bag o' burstin and one of two wip bags.


Top shelf that shows I'm a deep, literary thinker.


Middle shelf that shows I'm partially full of inquisitive knowledge and partially full of mindless fluff.



Bottom shelf that shows a) I used to take photos on this thing called film, which I believe you can now only find on display in museums; b) am a freakishly organized knitter with needles carefully placed in labeled poly envelopes, sorted by size and material in a file box + patterns printed, carefully placed in sheet protectors, sorted by category in a big fat binder + tools haphazardly tossed into a martini glass box; and c) am a loving wife who didn't want Knitting the Easy Way but who keeps it out because it was a gift from her well-meaning husband.


Relegated to the office closet due to lack of space is a huge stack of back issues of domino and InStyle Home, language learning CDs that I always mean to trot out but of course never do, comic books from Hubster's geek-lovin' childhood, and binders full of instruction manuals and escrow paperwork.

That you for joining us for this week's episode of Blogstalking. Please, tune in again!

4 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job! Love the built in bookcase too! :)

7:44 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

More built ins! I'm so jealous!!!

8:20 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

I am JEALOUS of the built-in bookcase, as well as your obvious built-in neatness!

2:28 PM  
Blogger SuzannaBanana said...

I have a patterns-in-binders shelf in my office, too. Embrace your freakish organizational needs!

I love that built-in. SO jealous.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home