Thursday, August 17, 2006

Maryjanegraine














Ugh, I have a Maryjanegraine. I cast on for the Mary Jane Pithy Hat last night, but the 72 stitches didn't seem like it would make the band wide enough. So I added about 30 more and went along my merry ribby way for 6 rounds.

Today I actually read the next line of the pattern, where it instructs you to make 1 for every two stitches. Greeeeeaaaattt. I realized after that round the hat would be way too big.

So here's my afternoon went:

  • Frog.
  • Cast on 72.
  • Start ribbing over.
  • Curse like a sailor moving from size 4s to size 10s.
  • Curse like sailor's brother trying to do the purse stitch on blunt Addi Turbos.
  • Drop a stitch three rows into the purse stitch.
  • Have no idea how to pick all that back up.
  • Frog back to end of ribbing.
  • Insert lifeline.
  • Take opportunity to try on and discover with the 72 cast on it's too small.
  • Rip hair out.
  • Frog.
  • Cast on 82 stitches.
  • Start ribbing over.
  • Gaaaaaa!

On this, my freaking THIRD time around, I switched over to dpns and those at least are a little easier on this pattern than the Addis. Too bad I didn't realize that before my hands turned into eagle claws. I got about two rows into the purse stitch before I had to put it away. I think I'll pop a few faux Advils and do some nice, easy rows of stockinette on my honeymoon cami. Restore the faith.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Love the title of your post. Sorry your knitting is driving you carzy, but that was a funny post. :)

BTW: I'm here to see your soaker and toilet-roll I-cord maker.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home