Thursday, August 24, 2006

All we did was cuddle...

I swatched up the Lorna's Laces worsted in jaypond last night and I. am. in. love. It is unbelievably soft! My skin is normally ubersensitive to wool (even a Grade A cashmere sweater I once received from a designer made me itchy), and I wanted to make absolutely sure it wouldn't turn into the itchy and scratchy show. So I did what any knitting addict would do. I tucked it into my skivvies - by my HIP, I swear! (get your mind out of the gutter) - and wore it all night. Even to bed. Woke up this morning - with it still by my hip people - and it didn't itch for one second the entire time. I was seriously tempted to tuck it into my bra this morning but I'm wearing a fitted tee and lopsided boobies aren't really appropriate at the workplace.

I'm sold. From now on, if I need a superwash wool, I'm going with Lorna.

Does sleeping with the swatch make me weird? Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't go there...

*cough* *changes subject* Anywaaaaay, I took advantage of the spectacular Knit Happens 30% off summer sale this morning and stocked up in preparation of what I'm hoping will become a new facet of my knitting addiction - socks!

Now en route are three different colorways in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock (of course!), one in Koigu PPPM (one of my favorite pets in the lys), and Lantern Moon ebony dpns in sizes 1 and 2. I also threw in some Euculan Lavendar wool wash and two hanks of Blue Sky Worsted Hand Dyed. And now I really, really need to stop. Really. Except for the yarn I need for these two hats I found on Monday...

2 Comments:

Blogger stacyZ said...

Yummy expensive taste your skin has ;) heehehe

Glad you have some wool you can wear now we can plan wool sweaters :) woohoo

9:55 PM  
Blogger OLPP said...

i'm trying to knit fuzzy feet right now, so socks might become my new obsession, to!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home